Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dissapearing pages

Anna Mizak July 27, 2022

Hi there!
I would like to understand what is going on with the pages when I try to set up an Overview Page.
because when we tried it today it destroyed our whole page and it took us quite a while to restore it to the previous setting.

What happened?
I wanted to set up one page as an overview page and once I did it - the whole page and everything that was "under" that page - disappeared and were available only if you had a link.

Restoring the previous setup didn't help we had to manually move the categories around the tree. How to avoid it in the future cause it is quite annoying! Especially since we "lost" important meeting notes from over a year!

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2022

@Anna Mizak Welcome to the Community. I think what you are experiencing is documented here. I have copied the some of the text below for you and underlined the portion that addresses what happened here. 

Set another page as your overview

You can set any page in a space as the overview.

To set an existing page as your overview:

1. Go to the space in Confluence Cloud.

2. Select Space Settings from the sidebar. 

3. Select Space details from the Manage space card.

4. Select Edit Space Details.

5. In the Home page field, enter the title of the page you’d like to use for your overview.

6. Select Save.

Because the Pages section of the space sidebar displays children of the space overview, it may not display the same pages that it did before.

To make pages appear in the sidebar:

1. Select Space Settings from the sidebar. 

2. Select Reorder from the Manage pages card.

3. Drag the pages so that they are nested under the page you’ve selected as the overview.

4. Refresh the page to see your changes reflected in the sidebar.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This sounds like you started trying out the "restrictions" and managed to remove most people's permission to see the page inadvertently.  But we can't really tell you what you did to break it - you'll need to tell us what you changed!

Anna Mizak July 28, 2022

Hi there! Thank you for your message.
Let me try to explain it differently - I was not touching restrictions at all. The first picture shows how the tree looked like at the very beginning (of course without that "house" icon next to "Vanguard Home". )
When I set up the "vanguard home" to show as an "overview" page almost everything that was under that page disappeared or randomly showed (as per second picture).
Almost everything went to "hidden" pages and we were not able to bring them back. Whatever we did we saw the pages only by having the links. 
the only thing that helped was when we manually took every page and moved it "outside" of the "home" page.
I tried "restoring to previous version) but that didn't help as well - which was strange as well cause usually this did the trick. The hidden pages remained hidden.

I did such process many times previously with different our pages and such situation never happened so I am not sure what happened this time and how to avoid it in the future...

image (3).pngimage (4).png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 28, 2022

That still screams "restrictions" to me.  Did someone make the home page restricted for view?  

As a worked example, if someone had made "Vanguard home" only readable by one of the groups they were in, all the child pages would behave in exactly the way you describe - "hidden" from all but the named group.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events