Displaying a folder within a page

Chris Burchell July 9, 2012

Hi guys,

We have an FTP server, and we would like to automate the display of all content (dynamic, obviously) within Confluence - whether it be embedded in a page, or a documentation space that creates pages for folders and embeds the files as attachments then displays them with the attachment macro, or whatever.

I wondering if anyone knows of a plugin or method that could get this done?.... Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2012

For an extended spin on the embedding file features you describe, check out AppFusions doc repo integration plugins.

They aren't for an FTP server, but for different flavor file repositories (Alfresco, Google Docs, Box, or Dropbox) -

There's also JIRA sister plugins as well, also available at the Marketplace.

Try them out - and info@appfusions.com if any questions any time..

Best, Ellen

Thanks for the feedback Ellen. I might be mistaken, but the WebDAV plugin looks like it works backwards to what I'm after. I want Confluence pages to display dynamic folder content instead of folders displaying my wiki content.

The file repository itself is just going to be a Windows folder, we'll be using FTP to get files into it, but Confluence really needs nothing at all to do with the FTP server itself.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2012

Hmm - maybe I am having a blond moment. ;)

.. but I *thought* years back we mounted external folders too with the WebDAV plugin .. been a while though - Let me double-check - be right back.

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2012

Ok yeah - never mind that WebDAV comment. My doh!

Guess we need to make a plain ol' file server variation of our repo plugins. ;)

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2012

I scrubbed out the WebDAV part of comment - my mistake/mixup..

No worries Ellen.

Hmmm, it looks like the Dropox fpr Confluence plugin has all the smarts and logic to do what I want... if only I could skirt the whole dropbox part and just point it to a windows folder....

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events