Displaying Jira issues in a controllable format

Andy Munro August 7, 2020

I am using Jira as a requirements management system and I would like to make sure it is the single point of truth so I would like to produce Confluence reports that can act as the customer facing documents (or close to). Ideally I could control the sections and sub sections with minimal intervention in the ordering. I thought about entering the section numbers e.g 3.2.1 but any changes would mean lots of alterations. Labels could help to break it down. Also thought if I could use issue links to maintain the order?

I do apologies, I'm a Confluence newbie if this is obvious.

I'm using the cloud to experiment but we use a server for the business 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angelica Salazar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2020

Hello @Andy Munro

I am from Easesolutions, vendor of R4J - Requirements Management for Jira.

We are currently in the works with supporting chapter numbers when exporting from R4J to Confluence. If you're interested, we'd like to discuss more on this topic so please do communicate with us through our support portal.

Best regards,
Angelica

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2020

Hi @Andy Munro 

To confirm - are you looking to rank the issues in Jira and then visually display these in Confluence? 

How is the rank decided? Is it like a backlog of issues?

If yes, you could create a board with a backlog. You can search the backlog's order using JQL, which could be placed on the Confluence page using the Jira Filter Macro. That way, the order of requirements on your page would match the view in Jira, and dynamically update as you make modifications.

If you have issues in a backlog already, your JQL might look like this:

project = TEST ORDER BY RANK ASC

You also mentioned sub-sections above - if you mean that you need to show the order of requirements with the sub-tasks below each parent issue, something like this might work coupled with the example above:

project = TEST ORDER BY Rank ASC, subtasks ASC

If this isn't what you're looking for, let us know :)

Ste 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events