Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display notification message on topbar based on user group/users for JIRA/Confluence

Hung Dinh October 30, 2013

Is there a way, or a plugin can help display special notification (with close/dismiss) on the top bar like JIRA with the time zone notificatin setting, or jira client.

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2013
Hung Dinh November 5, 2013

Thank you very much Renjith. I just install the plugin, however it does not work :)

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2013
Any specific error you are seeing in the logs?
0 votes
HungD November 6, 2013

Here is a rely from the support team:

I noticed that Public Announcement Service Plugin is only compatible with Confluence 5.0 - 5.1.5 & JIRA 6.0 - 6.0.8. Since you are using Confluence 5.3, this may be the main reason why it didn't work in this version and also due to this:

2013-11-06 17:38:11,370 WARN [http-8091-19] [plugins.pas.rest.AnnouncementResource] checkTargetGroups Unknown target groups: [] -- referer: http://domain.com/plugins/servlet/pas/admin | url: /rest/pas/latest/announcement/create | userName: xxxxxxx

The target group seems to be unknown. Based on the plugin's documentation, you can only target all users or only specific groups.

I do see the plugin works if I indicate specific groups into the "<label for="pas-target-groups">Target groups</label>", however it does not work if I leave blank (to target all users)

I can add every groups to the target groups, however how can display the message to Guest/Not login users?

0 votes
Hung Dinh November 6, 2013

Hi Renjith,
I just fired a support ticket ID JSP-176737 where I include all information required for investigation. Would you mind having a look at the ticket

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events