Display link to JIRA issue as plain text with no additional adornmet

M_S_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2018

I am aware of the ability to link to JIRA issues from within Confluence pages and we are using this a lot.

However, when linking to a single issue, I can only choose to include the summary or not, but there does not seem to be much control beyond that. For example, the status is always included.

How could I link to a JIRA issue and have the link just display the issue key as plain text with no additional adornment or formatting? 

Note that I do not want to loose the bi-directional linking that comes with the macro (i.e. the JIRA issue points back to the pages). Otherwise I could just do a plain external href-type link - this is not what would help me.

1 answer

0 votes
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2018

This may be a bit of a two-step thing but you can try this:

• Create your link and put it in an excerpt macro. Edit the macro and have it hide the excerpted text. This makes and keeps the link between the two for you
  • Create the external href link and edit it so that the display text is just the unadorned ticket number. This gives you the simple clickable link to get to the jira issue while the hidden single issue jira macro provides the bi-directional linkage between the two.
M_S_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 21, 2018

While this would do the job, the approach is excessively cumbersome. Every issue would need to be linked twice with the danger of things getting out of sync when using with many (and I am talking 30-40) issues and we can no longer use the excerpt macro for its real purpose.

I am hesitant to accept this as the solution. Thanks for your feedback, though.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events