Display Microsoft teams threads on Confluence pages

Benjamin Moehring May 4, 2021

Our company uses Confluence for all sort of documentation. Our main tool for communication is Microsoft teams. Often confluence pages are discussed in teams channels or threads. My intention is to allow mentioning a confluence page in a thread. This should automatically place a link to this thread on the relevant confluence page. If another user opens the page, he/she can see previous discussions on this topic. Does anyone know a way how to do this?

Thank you!

Benjamin

1 answer

0 votes
Move Work Forward
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2021

Hi @Benjamin Moehring ,

Very interesting idea.

I don't believe a solution like this exists yet. It will require a few things:

- Microsoft Teams App

- Confluence App

- Mapped user accounts between two system

- mentioning the bot in Microsoft Teams with the link to Confluence (bot cannot just listen to the channel messages in Teams, or message extensions could be used) to build the connection between the page and the threads.

- additionally, a few security concern come to my mind - what if users do not have permissions between resources.

Otherwise, a very interesting idea which we could incorporate one day into Microsoft Teams Confluence Connector which does not support this.

Regards,

Leo

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events