Display JIRA issues within Confluence

Richard S December 6, 2012

This is probably a really dumb question, however I need to ask in case I am just about to put something together for the company that won't work the way I expect. :-)

At present I have a 500 user license for Confluence and a 50 user license for JIRA - this is because virtually all of the company will be using Confluence, but only developers / testers will be using JIRA.

As I want to display all project information within Confluence, I am hoping to automatically show information on JIRA issues within Confluence project pages.

My question is, will all Confluence users see this information within Confluence, or will it only be the 50 users who also have JIRA licenses?

Initially my thoughts were that all Confluence users would see the JIRA information within Confluence, however only those who also have a JIRA license would be able to click on an issue and navigate to JIRA (or create a JIRA issue) - I'm not 100% sure now, so am just looking for some confirmation / guidance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
LuizA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2012

Hello Steve,

All the Confluence users will be able to see the Jira information that will be displayed in Confluence's pages, as you will be showing information from Jira inside Confluence, everybody from Confluence will be able to see this information in Confluence, no worries. But if needed to navigate inside Jira only the users who have a Jira account will be able to do this.

I hope this helps, if you have any other doubt or need more assistance with your setup please feel free to raise a support ticket at our support.atlassian.com and we will be glad to provide more assistance to you.

Best Regards,

LJ.

Richard S December 6, 2012

Thanks LJ, that makes sense and is how I thought / hoped it would be. :-)

Cheers
Steve

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events