Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling the "Like" feature on Confluence Cloud?

Andrew Girardeau-Dale March 15, 2016

This article describes the Confluence "Like" feature, and states that it can be disabled in the Manage Add-Ons screen:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/likes-and-popular-content-278695530.html#LikesandPopularContent-Disablingthelikefeature

However, in my Manage Add-Ons screen, though there is an entry for "Confluence Like Plugin," it is in the "System" section and there is no "Disable" button. I am on Confluence Cloud, is the "Like" feature simply not removable for me because of that?

5 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2016

Yes, it's a restricted function on Cloud.  You can't disable the add-on.

1 vote
Daniel Miller May 5, 2016

Nasty yet effective workaround:

create a "div" macro, set style to:

position:absolute;background-color:white;height:120px;width:400px;z-index:999

put this at the bottom of the page and it will cover the like thumb and text with white pixels. You may have to change the color to fit your theme.

Never say "never".

Edward Santos January 9, 2017

Thanks for this!

0 votes
Andy Webb July 16, 2016

There must be some way.  I have a cloud version with it disabled and it still shows disabled.  In fact, I don't see now how to enable it again if I wanted to.

image2016-7-16 10:8:49.png

0 votes
Daniel Miller May 4, 2016

Very confusing - the cloud docs themselves say you can disable it:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/likes-and-popular-content-724765328.html

Very disappointing that something so basic is impossible with cloud. Not all pages are meant to be "liked/disliked".

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events