Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Disable http basic auth

We run Confluence 6.15.1 - Standalone distribution and enabled two-factor authentication. But it still allows http basic auth. How can I disable that?

Regards,

1 answer

0 votes
Alex K Atlassian Team Jan 20, 2021

Hi Daniel,

Thanks so much for your question.

Currently there is no officially supported method to disable basic authentication in Confluence. We recently introduced personal access tokens to Confluence 7.9 and have plans to allow basic auth to be disabled in the future. 

Thank you,
Alex K (Developer at Atlassian)

Confluence Data Center team

Hi Alex.

Can you please explain "have plans" in more detail.
Since our last PEN-Test our security team is paining us with the question when?

Best regards
Hannes

Is there an update on this?  I see the article Disabling basic authentication, but that is only for Jira and Bitbucket.

In which future version will the feature to disable basic auth in Confluence Server be released?  Or will it only be in Data Center?

I see in the Preparing for Confluence 7.13 that this is "In Progress" with a link to the article I mentioned above.

We plan to provide admins the ability to disable basic authentication, and will be recommending any integrations use personal access tokens instead. Learn more about disabling basic authentication. This change won't be in 7.13, but you can start testing now by manually upgrading the SSO for Atlassian Server and Data Center to 4.2.0. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,514 views 7 29
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you