Disable export to word (ondemand)

Mark Johnson May 30, 2013

I am wanting to disable the export to word option. I have read that this can done by disabling the 'issue-word' option under the View Issue Plugin in the administrator Manager Add-ons section.

My problem is that Atlassian is not allowing me to disable 'issue-word'. The following message is next to the option "Module cannot be modified".

Is there another way to disable users from exporting content to word and still alow them to export content to PDF?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2013

Hi Mark,

I'm not sure what the "View Issue" plugin is that you're referring to. I can't seem to see a system plugin with that name in Confluence.

I believe this link is part of the "Content Action Menu Sections" plugin (it has a "Word Export Link" module). Unfortunately this plugin (and all of its modules) cannot to be disabled.

Mark Johnson May 30, 2013

Is there any other way to remove the ability for users to export to Word?

Mark Johnson May 31, 2013

Is there any other way to remove the ability for users to export to Word?

Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2013

OnDemand is for most commonly used and desired features - not for customizing them or changing them, in general. This is logical and normal for most SaaS solutions too, since keeping a common base system is key for stability with many systems and accounts..

If you would like to manipulate the functionality more, I would recommend that you move to a hosted "download" version of Confluence - and you can do this, and more (since many plugins also available).

Happy to help on you with this if need more info on how to go about this transition. info@appfusions.com

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events