Disable delete space

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any way to disable the delete space function. I want that just the system admin can delete spaces and not all members of the confluence admin group.

Regards,

Julia 

2 answers

Hi Julia,

You need to fix the permissions of the space to limit only admins to delete the space.

After accessing the Space, go to Browse > Space Admin > Permissions.

Take a look and the 'User' and 'Groups' and make sure only administrators have the 'Admin' box ticked.

Also make sure the right people are members of the 'jira-administrators' group (or other custom admin groups).

Cheers,
Jason Galea 

0 vote
Gonchik Tsymzhitov Community Champion Dec 27, 2016

Hi, Julia

Please review your permissions

via link admin/permissions/globalpermissions.action

In fact, your system administrator can set rule for GET, POST request to link /spaces/removespace.action

Regards, 

Gonchik

Gonchik,

Where would you set up a rule for GET/POST requests for the remove space action.  We are also trying to disable space deletion by space admins.  Thanks for your help.

-Mike

(We are running Confluence Server 6.1.1)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Published 12 hours ago in Confluence

Think you know shares vs. @mentions in Confluence? Take this collab quiz.

To anyone who doubts that Atlassians are a little too obsessed with collaboration, and tools related thereto, let me describe a recent discussion we had (which took place on our internal Confluence, ...

95 views 2 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you