Directly editing Confluence, on the server

chrishahn1138 May 26, 2017

I am tasked with going over 100's of Health Check links on our Confluence server and to adjust the Timeout of ‘HTTP status with expected content' Macros.

ie. I have to browse to 100 pages and edit 20 macros on each.

I am hoping that I can do this programmatically, directly on the server.

Is this possible?  

Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
MichaelS May 26, 2017

In similar cases I have used the Confluence Command Line in the past. (It's a commercial plugin though)

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.swift.confluence.cli/cloud/overview

Thank you Michael!

I was reminded of the config.xml's of Jenkins and wondered whether there might be files on disk, on the server, that I might find my macros in to edit directly.

But the suggestions are most appreciated.

We already installed a trial of Search and Replace....it did not seem to find the macro in question....will try again.

(it also left my team cold that it warns that it can wreck your world in an irreverible fashion! ;0)

MichaelS May 26, 2017

If your Confluence is relativly small you can do an xml export with "backup & restore" function. In the exported xml you can do the search and replace.

You can restore the Confluence system with the modified XML afterwards. However, for bigger instances this is not feasible.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2017

I'd do it with either one of the "search and replace" add-ons, or Script Runner for Confluence.

Looking there!  I appreciate the time.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events