Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Versions of a page

Realtyna Inc August 14, 2013

Hi,

I dont want my users to be able to see the diferent versions of a page. I want them to be able to see only the last version, and even not be able to see the changes between different versions. Is there any configuration for that ?

Thanks,

4 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Andreas August 18, 2013

I have submitted an improvement request for this issue, please vote: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-30449

Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2013

Well done sir! Upvotes for you.

2 votes
BillA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2013
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 15, 2013

I think this would be a great stopgap solution. It is important to note that you would still be able to access the historical page information with the following url.

<base_url>/pages/viewpreviousversions.action?pageId=<page_id>

Not the worst security hole in the world because you would have to know the pageID, but a security hole all the same.

Orginial comment sounds like a feature request for the backlog.

Andreas August 15, 2013

But that plugin is not available for OnDemand, which is the product the original poster i using.

Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 15, 2013

Jan,

That is an excellent point! I completely space cadetted that this was an OD issue.

Have to agree with Timothy that there is then no way to do this. Suggest you submit a feature request and have your friends and coworkers vote it up. I'l even throw some votes at it if you post your issue URL here.

2 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2013

I'm quite sure that such a functionality does not exist.

1 vote
Andreas August 14, 2013

Is this true? What if you publish confidential information on a page by a mistake?

well, let me use an example.

I have created a page on 08/10/2013. It`s Version 1.
Then on 08/12/2013, I make some modifications -second Version-
& today, I do my last modifications ( 08/15/2013) -third version.

What I want is that, the users be able to see only the last version (08/15/2013) & not be able to see the other ones.

RPT Admin
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2013

A Space Admin can delete previous versions of a page. It's one of the options on the Page > Tools menu.

It's not an answer to Realtyna's question, but it does allow you to permananetly delete confidential information which has been published inadvertantly.

Alex, Thanks for your comment. That`s a solution, but I want administrators to be able to see the old versions. I want to restrict old versions only for Users (I mean anonymous.) and it seems that there is no option to do this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events