Did Atlassian stop honouring their support commitments for existing customers?

Dirk Dittert September 3, 2020

Hi,

I am wondering about the changes that Atlassian made to their customer support. They don't seem to provide support for new 10 user licenses anymore.

However, I bought a such a license quite some time ago and it still has active maintenance. I believe that customer support was a part of that maintenance at time of purchase. How can I get in touch with customer support for that active maintenance or did Atlassian just stop honouring the commitments they made to their customers?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2020

Hi @Dirk Dittert 

Server 10-user licences do include 12 months maintenance/support - see the self-managed pricing FAQ on the pricing page:

Our Server licenses entitle you to perpetual use, and include 12 months maintenance (updates/support) starting from the date of purchase. Renewing maintenance is entirely optional.

You can contact support via: https://support.atlassian.com/

Ste

Stephen,

thanks for pointing me to the support page. Unfortunetely, that only redirects to community support (i.e. here) when I try to submit a case for my SEN.

I believe that my license came with 36 months maintenance and support (because I bought the license with that maintenance period in 2017).

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2020

Hi @Dirk Dittert 

I went through our Starter Licence to make a support request, and you're correct - Starter Licences do not have dedicated personal support - it states:

Atlassian no longer offers personal support for Starter Licenses

^ It has a link to a blog post but it didn't direct me to one - I assume it'll be this one. This is from July 2017 - we must not seek support very often!

---------------

In this instance, the Community is where you can seek help for any issues you are facing on the Starter Licence.

You are welcome to ask a question if you're facing an issue and other Community Members will look to assist.

There are also some Atlassian Support Engineers who answer queries on the Community too :)

Ste

I ran into the same problem with the blog post. Thanks for pointing out the correct link for it. I must have missed that this announcement was already in July 2017.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events