Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Development users count towards license?

Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2014
Hi, We have both a hosted version of Confluence and development version we use for testing. We recently copied over everything in production to our development instance to test some stuff but it copied over all the users in had also. I was wondering if these users also count towards our license we have for our production instance? Say we have a license for 500 users, if we have 100 on production and 100 on development, does that mean we have 200 users counting towards our license? Side note: no one uses the development version but developers and people testing so I just want to know if there is a need to go and delete all those users from our development instance or if I can just leave it for now. Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Patrice Rompas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2014

Hi Alex

Confluence counts all users with 'can use' global permission but ignore those deactivated user which means Confluence will count 200 active users which belong to the same license (see documentation) You could deactivate/disable those users from the development instance in order to reduce the license count.

Alternatively, you may use Developer License for your development instance in case you need to keep those users. (see article on How to get Confluence Developer License)

Cheers,
Samuel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events