Develop a plugin with SDK, examples fails

zaphnet April 2, 2021

Not the first time I thought that I should develop my own plugin instead of the built in macros or embedded "<html>" code over the last 10 years...

I download the SDK and try to follow the instructions - the project builds, but the plugin fails to load for some reason.

Then I download any of the examples provided in the SDK instructions - these also fail to start...

After trying some other versions of the SDK I give up and try on my Linux computer - they also fail.

Then I wait a few years and try again... This time fails with some other error...

This time I thought I'd ask the question to the community.

environment:

C:\atlas-version

ATLAS Version: 8.2.6
ATLAS Home: C:\Applications\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.6
ATLAS Scripts: C:\Applications\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.6\bin
ATLAS Maven Home: C:\Applications\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.6\apache-maven-3.5.4
AMPS Version: 8.1.0
--------
[INFO] Project POM found
Executing: "C:\Applications\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.6\apache-maven-3.5.4\bin\mvn.cmd" --version -gs C:\Applications\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.6\apache-maven-3.5.4/conf/settings.xml
Apache Maven 3.5.4 (1edded0938998edf8bf061f1ceb3cfdeccf443fe; 2018-06-17T20:33:14+02:00)
Maven home: C:\Applications\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk-8.2.6\apache-maven-3.5.4\bin\..
Java version: 1.8.0_282, vendor: AdoptOpenJDK, runtime: C:\Program Files\AdoptOpenJDK\jdk-8.0.282.8-hotspot\jre
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: Cp1252
OS name: "windows 10", version: "10.0", arch: "amd64", family: "windows"

atlasrun:

[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] apr 02, 2021 6:24:33 EM org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig processAnnotationsJar
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] SEVERE: Unable to process Jar entry [javassist/bytecode/FieldInfo.class] from Jar [jar:file:/C:/src/java/Atlassian/myconfluencemacro/target/container/tomcat8x/cargo-confluence-home/webapps/confluence/WEB-INF/lib/javassist-3.20.0-GA.jar!/] for annotations
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] org.apache.tomcat.util.bcel.classfile.ClassFormatException: Expected class `CONSTANT_Utf8' at index 7 and got [9]
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.tomcat.util.bcel.classfile.ConstantPool.getConstant(ConstantPool.java:207)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.tomcat.util.bcel.classfile.Attribute.readAttribute(Attribute.java:83)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.tomcat.util.bcel.classfile.FieldOrMethod.<init>(FieldOrMethod.java:76)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.tomcat.util.bcel.classfile.ClassParser.readMethods(ClassParser.java:226)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.tomcat.util.bcel.classfile.ClassParser.parse(ClassParser.java:101)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.processAnnotationsStream(ContextConfig.java:1987)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.processAnnotationsJar(ContextConfig.java:1940)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.processAnnotationsUrl(ContextConfig.java:1915)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.processAnnotations(ContextConfig.java:1876)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.webConfig(ContextConfig.java:1145)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.configureStart(ContextConfig.java:767)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:302)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:117)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleBase.java:90)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5083)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:724)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:700)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:714)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:919)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1704)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
[INFO] [tallContainer] at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
[INFO] [talledLocalContainer] at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2021

Hello there,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble developing your plugin with the SDK examples. It sounds like you might be having a similar issue here:

Can you try the workarounds listed there and tell me if you have any luck? If not, I recommend you redirect your question to our Atlassian Developer Community. They're pretty familiar with the SDK and will be able to help you with it. Best of luck!

Let me know f you have any questions about that.

Take care,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events