Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Desperate help to recover 2months worth of work

Hi, 

I've come back from Christmas break to find more than half of my work has disappeared on a page, I'm desperate to retrieve it back, it has more than two months worth of notes taken for a project. 

I've read through the community and nothing has worked so far, I've checked the drafts section and the publish page history recovery section. 

I just need the last version I worked on, on the 13th December. 

Thanks in advance, 

1 answer

0 votes

Welcome to the Community!

Had you saved your work, it was not just a large amount of draft?  If it was a draft, it should be in the drafts section, unless you've managed to delete your drafts.

If so, then the work will be in the page history.  Unless someone has deliberately deleted the versions that you saved.

The other place it might be is in a restricted (hidden) page - are you sure that the stuff you were writing was on that specific page, not a similar page that someone has restricted away from you?

What I'm getting at here is that if you can't find your work, then someone has deliberately hidden or deleted it, and you'll need to get them to fix it (if it's a hide, they'll need to change restrictions, but if it's a delete, you'll need to find out what backups have been taken, if any, and get them restored, but you'll need the person who deleted to explain what they did)

I had a large draft that I was continuously working on, I still have the draft but only less than half of the text remains on the page. I've checked the page history and am unable to find it. 

Not possible on the restricted front as it's only me that has access, how can I restore the backs up? It's all cloud-based, so I presume it's all auto backed up?  Any possibility to restore any version I had from the 13th of December? Is there any way I could get a ticket created and have someone from Confluence look into and restore it for me? I'm willing to pay, I'm that desperate to have it restored. 

Thanks, 

Ellisha

@Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ 

If you never saved the page, I'm afraid there's no backup to go back to.  A draft will have been backed up, but you say half of it is missing, so only the version of the draft without the missing bits can be backed up.

I don't think there's anything that can be done here, I think whatever your browser did that removed all the lost text cannot be recovered from.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

🏠 Say hello to the new Confluence Home!

Hi Atlassian Community, My name is DJ Chung, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. Today, I’m excited to share a new and improved version of Home. The new Home helps you ...

35,331 views 26 121
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you