Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting pages through REST API randomly return 500 errors UnexpectedRollbackException

Julien Pavon August 13, 2020

Hi,

I am using the REST API to create pages during our CI deployment.

Randomly the deletion of some pages fails with this response:

{

statusCode: 500, message: 'org.springframework.transaction.UnexpectedRollbackException: ' + 'Transaction rolled back because it has been marked as ' + 'rollback-only'

}

As the error seems to be an internal exception in your product I can't find the reason why it's failing randomly.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 24, 2021

Hi Julien,

I found this KB article that may assist you in identifiying the root cause: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/org-springframework-transaction-unexpectedrollbackexception-when-viewing-or-creating-a-page-182157705.html

Good Luck

Robert Gottesman January 26, 2022

I don't see this as any assist.  The article states "To identify the specific root cause of an occurrence of this error, you'll need to consult the atlassian-confluence.log".  We don't have access to that log file other than posting a ticket.  In my case, I found that the page was in fact deleted and the error seemed to be a false negative.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events