Deleting a space

Berry Vermin December 14, 2019

When I started this server, there was one space already there. This one is empty, but it does not like to be deleted like normal spaces. The option page in the space does not show a delete menu like the other spaces. How can I delete it anyway?

2 answers

1 vote
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2019

Hi @Berry Vermin 

Do you use confluence cloud in a free version? Then the first default space which is created can not be deleted, because there is a bug. See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-68319.

Regards, Dominic

Berry Vermin December 16, 2019

That is indeed the case, thanks for your reply!

0 votes
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2019

Are a space admin?

Do you see space settings/space tools on the bottom left of that space?

If not then, then you may. It be a space admin and May only have access to delete your own spaces. 

0AA5F25B-BCBF-413C-88AB-135628F24AA2.png

Berry Vermin December 15, 2019

Hi Edwin, I'm indeed not a space admin. This space was originally there when I opened the cloud server.

If I created this server (and strictly speaking also this space) myself, shouldn't I have all rights by default?

image.png

edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2019

Not necessarily. You can have the permission to create but not to delete. That may be a permission that has not been granted to you. 

now, if you create a new instance, and you are the only account and admin, then yes you most likely will have all the permissions, which include space admin. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events