Deleted space, unable to use same key again

ikaney August 13, 2020

I had a space that failed during import using the key LEGACY, I wiped the entire space but I can no longer create a space with this key?

I've seen some talk about doing DB queries but with cloud I can't do this?

Am I missing something?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2020

Hi @ikaney,

Deleting a space should have gotten rid of the key in the database, but you're right that if it doesn't delete properly, it requires a database query on the server side.

Can you confirm if you're still having this issue today? If so, I would like to raise a ticket on my end for you so we can clear that space for you. Please let me know!

Take care,

Shannon

ikaney August 18, 2020

Hi Shannon.

Thanks for the fast reply, still having issues trying to get a space with the key LEGACY

I'm also aware there's quite a few keys that haven't deleted properly in my instance and so certain keys are unusable. If you could check that would be fantastic.

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 18, 2020

Thank you for confirming that. I've created an internal request so we can help you take care of that now.

Can you please check your email and confirm that you received the request? It will also help speed things along if you are able to login to the support portal and approve access for our support engineers to your site. This will allow us to clear any old data.

Thank you!

Shannon

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
August 21, 2020

Hi @ikaney,

I have been following your support case, and I wanted to let you know that it was my fault that I had neglected to add the information specific to your site. Shubham was going by the default placeholder information that we have in Community. My apologies for that!

I've updated your ticket now, and we have the correct site information, so we can proceed as normally.

Thank you for your understanding.

Shannon

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events