cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted home page for personal space

Robbie Lee
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2014

I accidentally deleted my home page for my personal space, and now I can't create any pages ANYWHERE. I deleted my personal space and tried to create it again, but the system just hangs.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Giuliano C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2014

Hey Robbie,

From the description I was suspecting that perhaps we would need to move a new page to be the new personal home page one. However, as you mentioned about the system hanging, let's give a try to the following:

Check if the same will happen if you run Confluence under Plugin safe mode: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/UPM/Disabling+and+enabling+add-ons#Disablingandenablingadd-ons-Disablingorenablingalladd-ons(usingSafeMode)

If so, please, can you confirm whch info is displayed while you try to create a new page? It can be checked throgh the atlassian-confluence.log file which is inside <Confluence Home/logs> directory.

Once we check this, we can try to create a new ticket in https://support.atlassian.com

Cheers,

Giu

Robbie Lee
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2014

I can create a page when in Safe Mode. I'll track down the plugin that's an issue.

0 votes
Kay Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 10, 2014

Have the administrator restore your personal page. It should be in the trash.

Kay

Robbie Lee
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 10, 2014

I did restore the page. My instance of Confluence is still hosed.

Shawn Matthews December 31, 2018

Once you restore the page, go back to Content Tools in your Space and make sure to add the newly restored page name to the "Home Page" field. Restoring the page takes it out of the trash, but you still have to point your space to the newly restored page.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2014
@Robbie Lee this sort of issue will almost certainly be causing errors to be logged. You need to look at those logs. https://confluence.atlassian.com/plugins/servlet/mobile#content/view/108364721
0 votes
Robbie Lee
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2014

If anyone at Atlassian can test this, that would be great. I'm in Confluence 5.5.3.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events