Delete Unknown Macro :{align}

kaushal November 6, 2014

We have used multiple macros and plug-ins along with Adaptavist Theme Builder and currently are on old Confluence version 3.5.7. We want to update our Confluence version (currently testing 5.6.3) after all these years and are contemplating removing Themebuilder.

In our test area, the align macro (one example of broken macros) is broken on a ton of wikipages in many of our wikispaces. Is there any way or tool (or plug-in) that would assist in the removal of this macro (not its contents in which it is aligning) from all the pages in a wikispace or all the pages in all of our wikispaces? Or, will we have to remove these "special" macros by sight and hand?

2 answers

1 vote
Kay Brown
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2014

You can install the Content formatting plugin.  There is a free version.  I had the same thing happen when I upgraded.  Here is the info:  http://www.adaptavist.com/doco/display/CFP/Content+Formatting+Macros+Plugin

Regards,

Kay

0 votes
Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2014

I would do that by running a Python script that used XML/RPC to find those macros, remove them, and save the pages.  I don't believe there is any build-in facility or plugin to accomplish that. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events