Delete Space as an administrator created by a user who is deleted

I am a Confluence administrator, and i want to delete a Space that was created by a user but is currently removed. It seems that no matter i'm the administrator i cannot delete it. Is there a way to resolve this?

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Oct 31, 2017

I included the URL to the page in the screenshot for your convenience.

To edit the space permissions, please try going to Confluence Admin> Space permissions and clicking the Manage Permissions link in the Individual Spaces list, next to the space you need to delete:

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 11.40.26 AM.png

It worked, thanks a lot! I'd never find this setting.

Hello Jordan,

Even confluence admins can be restricted from deleting space. The user who creates a space will be the space admin. Please try to change space permissions (give necessary space permissions to you) and try to delete.

Hi Swetha,

I cannot access the Permissions from Space tools -> Permissions it is not accessible to me.

Untitled.png

Is there another way i can grant myself permissions for this space?

Hi Jordan,

try this link. you can get to the space admin page directly.

<confluencepath>/spaces/spacepermissions.action?key=<spacekey>

It's not an answer, sorry, but I have the same issue. Tried the link <confluencepath>/spaces/spacepermissions.action?key=<spacekey> - it says - "You are not permitted to perform this operation."

Can anybody help?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

571 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you