After installig Confluence on new server and restoring database and Confluence home, the bare pages are loaded almost instantly, but page macros, like Page tree, is loaded wither instantly, or takes ages, like 20 second. Page Edit macro, when not loaded instantly, is fully loaded in about 40 seconds.
The Confluence instance is configured to run over https using self-signed certificate. Confluence version is 6.3.3. Database is MS SQL server 2014 Express. Total number of users is under 10, concurrently works at most 2, typically 1. Server is virtual Windows Server 2012 R2 with 8GB RAM. Except Confuence and JIRA hosts just two other asp.net apps with low-to none usage.
I've tried performance logging, but cannot find any sign of slow performance (maybe I was looking incorrectly or not configured the logging properly)
JIRA, installed on the same server, works just fine. The odd Confluence behavior manifests whether JIRA is running or not.
Thank you for any advice where to look or what to try.
Sounds like it could maybe be some add-on causing the issue. Perhaps try disabling some of the add-ons that have macros on the pages that loads slow, and see if you can narrow down the cause.
You could also try clearing the cache and reindexing.
Thank you all, guys, for your tips. Results:
- cleared the cache, plugin cache and done reindexing. We don't have any other plugins than those standard ones.
- checked the Java VM Heap memory - out instance has default 1GB, but was utilized from 50 to 70 % - no issue here (no memory exceptions in log)
- looked into http traffic during page load - the page itself loaded fast, but dynamic content served as REST functionality or actions took their time, it looked like some component get choked for several tens of seconds, and then everyting missing popped in.
- I also suspected https/SSL configuration, but the problem manifests on plain http together on localhost, too
- no CPU spikes, no MS SQL server problems (all tracked queires took under 5ms)
So I installed 2nd, clean test instance, that runs smoothly, so I impoterd spaces (5 spaces of total cca 100 pages) and users (10) and everything is OK (importing users was not straighforward though).
This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.Read more
To anyone who doubts that Atlassians are a little too obsessed with collaboration, and tools related thereto, let me describe a recent discussion we had (which took place on our internal Confluence, ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs