Decision Status - How do I change it?

The new Decisions feature works well, but I do not see a way to change the Status from Not Started to In Progress or Decided. After adding Decisions, they appear in the Decision Register. After going to a Decision page and clicking Edit, I can change the other fields but there seems to be no way to select a different Status.

Decisions

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Wells,

To edit the status, you can double click the input box where it says 'Not Started' next to the edit button, then select the color you want. Alternatively, you can click the edit button which should open the edit macro dialogue lightbox, type in your new status, select the desired color and click save. Then you'll save the page or preview the page.

There are no preset next status to choose from, the status will change to whatever you type in the input box.

I tested this out on my own instance and it works as expected. There is an update to the Confluence business blueprints add-on to v. 1.7.4 which I applied to my own instance before testing.

Hope this helps!

Ryan, thank you for the explanation. I had just assumed the the Decisions page would use a List field for updating the Status field since a List field is used for Status when the user first creates a Decision page. At that point, the user can click a drop-down button and choose (not type) Not Started, In Progress, or Completed. Any chance that the Edit Contents can be changed to work like the Create Page with a drop-down (list field)?

I have to agree with you on this one Wells. I've created an improvement request for it here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-30087

I am impressed with the speed and the quality of Atlassian's responses. Thank you, Ryan!

Also assumed there would be some sort of list of choices....

I have a situation where I deleted the status lf "not started". Now, I cannot bring up the dialogue box with the colors in it at all. Any ideas other than copying and pasting the whole document into a new "decision" page and starting over?

@Wells Anderson The speed and quality... still no efforts on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-30087. :-(

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

1,702 views 25 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you