cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
  • Community
  • Products
  • Confluence
  • Questions
  • Dear reader, we (as an department supply chain) are currently trying to get our head around of integrating an "Confuence Intranet page" and integrate that with our existing company intranet. Do you have experience with this? Or potentially have tips?

Dear reader, we (as an department supply chain) are currently trying to get our head around of integrating an "Confuence Intranet page" and integrate that with our existing company intranet. Do you have experience with this? Or potentially have tips?

Paul Strijers May 30, 2016

Dear reader, we (as an department supply chain) are currently trying to get our head around of integrating an "Confuence Intranet page" and integrate that with our existing company intranet. Do you have experience with this? Or potentially have tips?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2016

It depends on what you mean by "integrate".  It does mean "work with", but that's about it, it's far too vague to tell us what you're looking for.

Could you explain, in terms of what the end user might see in their browser, what you're looking for?

One obvious tip though - most places I know either use Confluence as their whole intranet, or simply include it - with static pages like ourintranet/page1 ourintranet/page2 ourintranet/confluence (which lands you on the dashboard and the whole of confluence lives beneath it)

Paul Strijers May 31, 2016

Hi Nic,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Let me try to explain, within the company there is any existing Intranet platform which is not Confluence.

For our department I would like to make use of Confluence as being a subset of the Intranet and link that someway with the existing Intranet platform of the company. With link I mean, if you access the company Intranet and go to the department website you are redirected to the created confluence page.

Do you have any experience with that?

Please let me know if you need more insights.

Thanks,

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2016

I've seen that done quite a lot actually.

I've only got involved when it's been built with an Apache web-server front end, but it seems to work fine and I know you can do it with nginx and lightppd, so I'm 99.9% sure you can use IIS too.

Anyway, you set up Apache to serve up your intranet as normal, but then proxy certain urls within it.  So

/ - default intranet

/site1 - a virtual host that points to some pages

/site2 - a proxypass on to your confluence server

Paul Strijers June 2, 2016

Ok thank you.

Regards,

Paul

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events