Deactivating users

Hi

I have admin rights to my companies confluence site. I'm trying to deactivate some of the users that are no longer working with but haven't had any luck. Every time I try to deactivate them the following comes up...

Screen Shot 2014-11-11 at 12.37.40 pm.png

Is there any kind of work around? I'm am a mac user so i wasn't sure if i needed to approach this differently?

Thanks

Chris

5 answers

You can't delete the user, but you can deactive it, so the user will no longer count for the license:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Deleting+or+Deactivating+Users

Regards Steve

1 vote

Will this effect the cost of the account because of the number of users?

By deactivating them, it should not count. However, for the users that you don't want to use Confluence, you need to remove the *Can Use* permissions under '*Confluence Admin > Global Permissions*. This way, the license count is not exceeded. You can get more information under the Global Permissions overview https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Global+Permissions+Overview

Hope it helps ya! smile

I don't think you can remove users who have authored content. It's a limitation of Confluence.

The best you can do is to take them out of the confluence-users group, and maybe change their passwords so they couldn't get into the account anyway.

Will this effect the cost of the account because of the number of users?

I will take them out of user groups so they can't change content. Thanks

Thanks for this help.

When I select the user I get this...

Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 8.54.27 am.png

Should I be going somewhere else to deactivate?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

923 views 13 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you