Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivating users

Chris Nix November 10, 2014

Hi

I have admin rights to my companies confluence site. I'm trying to deactivate some of the users that are no longer working with but haven't had any luck. Every time I try to deactivate them the following comes up...

Screen Shot 2014-11-11 at 12.37.40 pm.png

Is there any kind of work around? I'm am a mac user so i wasn't sure if i needed to approach this differently?

Thanks

Chris

5 answers

1 vote
Giuliano C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2014

Will this effect the cost of the account because of the number of users?

By deactivating them, it should not count. However, for the users that you don't want to use Confluence, you need to remove the *Can Use* permissions under '*Confluence Admin > Global Permissions*. This way, the license count is not exceeded. You can get more information under the Global Permissions overview https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Global+Permissions+Overview

Hope it helps ya! smile

1 vote
Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2014

You can't delete the user, but you can deactive it, so the user will no longer count for the license:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Deleting+or+Deactivating+Users

Regards Steve

0 votes
Chris Nix November 11, 2014

Thanks for this help.

When I select the user I get this...

Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 8.54.27 am.png

Should I be going somewhere else to deactivate?

0 votes
Chris Nix November 10, 2014

Will this effect the cost of the account because of the number of users?

I will take them out of user groups so they can't change content. Thanks

0 votes
Jonathan Simonoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2014

I don't think you can remove users who have authored content. It's a limitation of Confluence.

The best you can do is to take them out of the confluence-users group, and maybe change their passwords so they couldn't get into the account anyway.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events