Daily report email not being sent

Kieren Johnstone June 19, 2014

Having enabled logging the message below is shown, despite the mail server being configured correctly, having tried recreating the settings, etc:

[confluence.mail.template.AbstractMailNotificationQueueItem] send Unable to send email since no mail server has been configured.

This feature was working fine, and 'spontaneously' stopped working one day - no changes to any config, no updates being applied, etc.

Any pointers or areas to look into would be greatly appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2014

Hi Kleren,

I'd recommend you to re-do the email that you have configured there, because from the message that you added here, it seems that Confluence couldn't find the server. If you're using an email powered by Google (Gmail) you might want to have a look in this documentation:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=42795030

Cheers,
WZ

Kieren Johnstone June 24, 2014

Hi William, thank you, but I don't understand - the "test mail" works fine. It also doesn't give an SMTP error or say that there's a problem finding the server, it says that no mail server is configured. (I've seen from other things around the net that if there's an SMTP error, or the server isn't found, that isn't the message). I appreciate the advice, but could you let me know what makes you think the server is not being found?

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 20, 2014

Hey Kieren,

Hmm, could you check if the other parts of the mail server is working well? For example, other notifications (such as changes on watched pages or blogs. Also, test if the 'send test mail' is working.

Kieren Johnstone June 23, 2014

Thanks Joe: Other notifications are apparently working fine; the Send Test Mail also comes through correctly. Is there anything else I can try?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events