Cut and Paste Entire Table (5.9.7)

Confluence 5.9.7 under Win10:

I need to move an entire table from one place in a page to another. I would imagine the process involves selecting all rows, beyond that point:

1. How do I select an entire row?
  2. How do I select multiple rows so all are selected? (In other words, how do I select the entire table?)

Btw, I am willing to do the following if it works:

1) Create a new table with the identical number of rows/columns.
2) Select the entire table. 
3) Copy to new location.
4) Remove the old table.

Thanks,

Steve

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Stephen Deutsch Community Champion Apr 13, 2016

Here's what I would recommend:

Simply select from the left side of the leftmost column in the table in the row you want to select (if it's the whole table, it would be the top left cell), and then simply keep the mouse button held down and move the mouse towards the right or down (if the whole table, towards the bottom right cell).  The cells should start to turn a shade of light blue, and once you have chosen the cells you want, you can let go of the mouse button.

Once you have done this, you should be able to press Ctrl+X to cut the content.

Then move the cursor to the place you want the table/rows to go, press Ctrl+V, and then your table should be inserted.

Nice. It worked for me. Thank you!

This doesn't work for large tables with embeded macros in the cells of the table... like code blocks.

Please provide a better way to cut, copy, and paste entire tables ...or give up back a way to edit the markup of a page.

Hi Brett,

The approach I took was to follow the steps that Stephen Deutsch set out above. However, before pressing Ctrl+V, I created a new single cell table and then used the paste table row.

Hi Stephen, I have had the similar problem and tried to figure out as below:

1. Place the cursor on line above the table

2. Start the selection from the start of above line till the end of line below the table

3. This should select the first line, table and the last line.

4. Now hit Ctrl + C.

5. Place the cursor on the page where you want the table to pasted and hit Ctrl + V.

6. Now you should have the two lines and table pasted. Remove any unwanted lines.

This worked for me, hope it helps you too !!!

This widget could not be displayed.

Hello Stephen,

If you are using Table Filter and Charts add-on, you can use a Copy Table button to copy any table to the clipboard in a single click.

Thanks, Andrey. 

As it truned out, I went with Stephen Deutch's solution from 4/13/2016, but I appreciate your input. :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

285 views 2 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you