Customizing what is shown on search results page

Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2014
I was wondering if there is a way to customize what appears on the search results page by customizing the actual search result page or the code that displays the results on the page. We want to not have certain pages appear in search results and all these pages start with an underscore (ex. _page title). Instead of going and customizing the search engine itself to not index these pages, I am wondering if it would be possible to cut it off at the moment when it goes to display these pages on the page itself. In simple terms, i imagine having some if statement checking to see if the page title starts with an underscore. If it does then it skips it, if it doesn't then it displays it. I am just wondering if this is possible to do and which file would this need to be added to if it is possible? Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2014

Hi, I another similar question to this one and got some answers. Hopefully one of them is helpful to you. Here is the link to the question/answers: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/276731/controlling-what-gets-displayed-in-search-results-in-confluence

0 votes
Liz Canham September 17, 2014

We have a similar problem and are very interested if you received an answer to this? If we start the page names with a certain character or if they have a particular label, can we prevent the pages appearing in the search results? Does anyone have a great idea how we can do this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events