Customizing JIRA report flow with more filters in Confluence.

Hi all,

My basic requirement is to customize the flow of jira reporting with confluence software by implementing more filters inside figure “C”.

figure: A1.png

figure: B2.png

figure: C3.png

As we can see in figure “C”, we have only one filter which is “Project” drop box. If we need to add more filtering when creating jira report we need to use “Switch to advanced” link and copy-paste the JIRA query by accessing Jira software side. Without copying query from jira side my requirement is to have more than one drop boxes in figure “C” wizard to filtering. Then it is required to have corresponding filters for each and every drop box to select.

My expectation is something similar to this,

figure: D4.png

figure: E5.png

As you can see figure “E” we basically need to add more filters into dialog wizard. If we can develop this requirement as a confluence plugin for Jira reporting instance it should be allowed user to customize filter titles too which are numbered as 1. Simply we need to filter by “Resolution” without using “Sprint” we will be able to change the “Sprint” to “Resolution” wherever inside the plugin source code. After rebuilding the plugin module it may be appeared with “Resolution” drop box instead of “Sprint” drop box. This should be applied under a new instance such as “Custom Report” as in figure “D”.

When we select a project then it will be getting the corresponding data of Statuses, Types, Assignees and also Sprints to this dialog wizard for filtering according to figure “E” as an example. Finally this customized report should be created and published as same as jira reporting process.

I have already gone through the "atlassian developer" support for confluence blueprint plugin which you can find through the link below. 

https://developer.atlassian.com/confdev/confluence-plugin-guide/confluence-blueprints/write-an-advanced-blueprint-plugin

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

292 views 2 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you