Customization in Confluence Cloud

Simon Bell February 13, 2015

We are currently running our own hosted versions on Confluence.

We are able to customize it so that our website header and footer are displayed.  I believe we do this by editing existing templates that come as part of the installation.

I we were to move to Confluence for Cloud do we have this same level of customization?

I found this page https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/Cloud/Restricted+Functions+in+Cloud+Applications - which seems to indicate in the 2nd and 3rd points that custom themes and external templates are not supported.

Please can anyone confirm.

Thanks in advance,

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2015

The document you have found is up to date - you will not have that level of access to your Confluence.

Simon Bell February 13, 2015

Nic,

Do you know if this is something that will be supported eventually in Cloud Confluence hosted by Atlassian?

Thanks.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2015

My (limited) understanding is "no", but to expand on that: If you can write stuff for Atlassian Connect, then you'll be able to use those, but I don't think Connect will ever do theming. Later versions of Confluence may introduce more flexibility, but I don't know if there's any current plans to do that. The list of addons you can add to Confluence in Cloud is growing, and I suspect some more themes are on the way because they're deprecating some of the old ones. But, I'm not an Atlassian, I'm just guessing from previous experience on most of that...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events