Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customers with Atlassian accounts (2 accounts) cannot access linked Confluence

Mike Otto March 20, 2019

So I have my Confluence space linked properly to my ServiceDesk, allowing Customers and Unlicensed users to view my Knowledgebase. This is working for the majority of users, however I (naively) allowed users with emails on my domain to create their own accounts. (Now Disabled)

This has led to a handful of users who have both a customer and an atlassian account. When they go to login to Confluence it immediately displays they are not allowed to access my atlassian instance.

I've deleted the Atlassian accounts for all of these customers, but it still looks like Confluence is trying to log them in with these atlassian accounts which should no longer exist.

I've gone as far as deleting both accounts (customer/atlassian) for one user. I then recreated his customer account, he can access the SD portals as normal, but gets the same permission issue for Confluence. (id.atlassian.com)

Was expecting the full deletion to rectify the issue, but I'm now at a loss.
In my research I saw there is a 14 day grace period on atlassian accounts, is this preventing me from allowing them to login as customers? Will I need to wait 14 days for these accounts to be completely deleted?

1 answer

0 votes
Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2019

Mike,

As per documentation, you can allow viewing of KB in 2 ways

1. All Active users and customers can access the KB without confluence license. (Users don't have confluence license, but view KB via customer portal and help center)

2. Only licensed users who have access to the space.

Please start from there.

Victor

Mike Otto March 21, 2019

Thanks Victor, but my post is less about KB permissions, more about what happens when a customer account and atlassian account share the same email address.

I've already gone through those steps, while I didn't use this particular article, (which I saved, TY) I have my servicedesk shared and there are customers that can access this KB. 

The problem I am experiencing happens when customers created their own Atlassian accounts. When they login to confluence it seems to be pulling their new atlassian account that doesn't have permission to much. (Even after I've deleted these accounts)

Most of these customers are internal, so I've started migrating these users to Atlassian accounts and managing their permissions with groups. This has been successful, they can access both SD and KB.

Thanks for your reply!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events