Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer charts in Confluence not visible on iPad or PDF export

david.hirst September 2, 2020

When a page in Confluence is created & includes custom charts or other macros, it displays fine in desktop, but on an iPad or iPad Pro it displays the message " Tap to see custom charts content in your browser". 

Whilst this maybe a one off click if you've already logged in to Confluence recently, for may Execs this is not the case & so they have to go through the sign-in process. If they stick with it that long, they then get a pop-up, not a full page which does display the content, but not full size. 

The issue also arises in the PDF export function, it ignores the Jira custom charts completely.

Are there options or alternative to displaying jira custom charts without these issues?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tom Harris - Old Street
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2020

Hi @david.hirst ,

Thanks for discussing these points. I'm the product manager of Custom Charts and I will provide an explanation for each:

Firstly, exporting to PDF on Confluence Cloud for Custom Charts is slightly complicated right now because of a security consideration when saving data. Other apps on Confluence Cloud will save a .png of their app (e.g. a diagram) to the page which is then used for the PDF export. This is fine for a diagram when all users viewing the page see the same data, but Custom Jira Charts loads every page as the user who is currently logged in. This means that each user would potentially see a slightly different chart. While this isn't an insurmountable problem, it's just not one that we've found a solution for quite yet but is on our public roadmap

Custom Charts is currently tested extensively on desktops but has some limitations on iPads. We are also working on this feature: 

Please let me know if I can help with anything else. You can contact us directly through our support portal or by email:

Kind regards,

Tom

Custom Charts Product Manager

Bert Lohmann September 2, 2020

Hello @Tom Harris - Old Street , thanks for your answer. I'm also very interested in the resolution of https://ossapps.atlassian.net/browse/TRACC-56

Since its description is still in its early stages, could you please indicate when you expect this issue to be resolved?

Warm regards,

Bert 

Tom Harris - Old Street
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2020

Hi @Bert Lohmann,

We have an investigation ticket on our backlog that will be started on Monday morning next week. I will let you know the outcome of that initial research in the hope that there will be a quick solution.

Kind regards,

Tom

Like Bert Lohmann likes this
Tom Harris - Old Street
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2020

Hi @Bert Lohmann @david.hirst , 

To give you an update on this we started working on iPad support this week and will continue with it next week in the second half of our sprint. I will keep you updated with our progress.

I have also updated the details of our public ticket for exporting to PDF on Confluence Cloud with our new plan which you can see here: https://ossapps.atlassian.net/browse/TRACC-41

Thanks,

Tom

Like Bert Lohmann likes this
david.hirst September 11, 2020

Thanks Tom for the update. 
Regards

David

Tom Harris - Old Street
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2020

Hi @david.hirst @Bert Lohmann ,

We have been investigating supporting Custom Jira Charts for Confluence on mobile, iPad, etc. and it appears that, right now, there's nothing we can do as an app developer. This functionality is not currently supported by Atlassian, even for many built-in apps, but you can follow and vote on the tickets to develop this functionality here:

IMG_3073.jpg

When this feature is supported in the future we will ensure that Custom Charts is able to make use of the functionality.

Kind regards,

Tom

david.hirst September 16, 2020

@Tom Harris - Old Street 

Thanks for the information. I've voted for these improvements. @Bert Lohmann If you could too, that would help the cause. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events