Customer User Manual

Krista Phillips December 3, 2021

I would like to create a user manual for our software product. I would like to embed a link in our product that directs to the user manual in confluence. I cannot find any guidelines for doing this. Can somebody please point me in the right direction?

1 answer

1 vote
Sven Schatter _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 3, 2021

Hi @Krista Phillips,

Can you share a little more on what exactly you are trying to do? As far as I understand, you'd like to create your user manual in Confluence, and then make that accessible to the users of your product. Is that correct? If that's the case, you'll want to create a public space for your manual. You could then share the link to this space in your product, which will look like this:

https://<your-confluence>.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/YOURSPACE/overview

However, this will of course still look like Confluence to your users, and not so much like a professional user manual. Another option would be to look at apps like Scroll Viewport, which allows you to publish your Confluence Space / User Manual to a real website. This website could then also be running on your own custom domain.

Hope this a pointer in the right direction for you. If you have more questions, let me know! :)

Cheers,
Sven

Note: I work for K15t which is the company behind Scroll Viewport.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events