Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom date field & search it

tzigone February 16, 2013

Hi,

I need a custom date field in Confluence. I need to add old documents whose created date are older than Confluence created date. I want to search these fields.

How can I do that? If I update Created field in Confluence database, does that cause cancellation of maintanence terms? ( I assume that this is possible)

Isn't there a customization mechanism like the one that JIRA has?

Cheers,

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
LuizA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2013

Hello There,

In this case to add a created field in the Confluence database is not recommended, anyway this does not cause the cancellation of the maintenance of the product but we will not be able to help you with your created field if you experience some problem with this change in the database or guarantee support to this kind of customization.

To this kind of customization that you need the best option would be to make a contact with one of our Atlassian Experts, that are a kind of certified partner able to develop customizations and provide support for this kind of change in a Confluence instance performed by them, since customizations are a little beyond of the support scope itself.

For more information about our Atlassian Experts please check the following link, probably here you'll find a partner that will be able to provide you more assistance to this kind of customization that you need:

http://www.atlassian.com/resources/experts

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

LJ.

tzigone February 18, 2013

Hi,

If I create a template and make this date field variable, can we reach that variable using Atlassian SDK?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events