Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Jira field is poorly displayed in Confluence

Laurie Huth April 26, 2022

Issue: I am using the Jira Issue/Filter macro in a Confluence page. In Jira, there is a list of items selected and separated with commas. However, when these fields pull into Confluence, the commas are removed. I want to have commas or semi commas when I pull it into Confluence. 

For example, currently in Jira there is an External Document field:

Screenshot 2022-04-08 100405.png

Then the table cell in Confluence shows: (note, no commas or anything to separate the list)

Screenshot 2022-04-08 100526.png

Jira automatically put commas into the Jira External Document field shown above, as it knew where the separators were originally. Is there a way to have Confluence pull in the content exactly as it is shown in the field (with the commas or semicolons). I've been trying to think of some clever workarounds...

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2022

Hi @Laurie Huth , you are talking about a table cell in Confluence.

However, when inserting the Jira macro and adding the 'External Document' custom field (type select list multiple choices) to the list of fields to display (extra column), the values are shown with commas, one after the other (just like the in Jira).

Can you provide a screenshot of the entire table?

Thanks, Dave.

Here is the portion of the table I am referring to: (see the 'Resources' column)

Screenshot 2022-04-26 124746.png

Here is my SQL so far: 

FORMATWIKI(SUM("External: " + 'External Document')) AS 'Resources'

Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2022

Okay, you're not using the standard Jira macro from Confluence.

I'm afraid I cannot help you with SQL as this is not within my knowledge domain.

But I'm sure some of the other community members can confirm whether it's possible to change the layout of the field displayed.

I've got a couple macros going on here...

Jira Issue/Filter macro, wrapped in Table Transformer macro, wrapped in Table Filter macro...

Screenshot 2022-04-26 125415.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events