Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Ctrl-home keystroke stopped working inside the page editor?

I use ctrl-home and ctrl-end CONSTANTLY when hastily editing all kinds of documents in all kinds of environments, to jump to top or bottom of document as needed. Lately the ctrl-home keystroke stopped working inside the Confluence editor (although ctrl-end still works there). Is anyone aware of this bug? It is super-annoying because it's so basic, like it would be if any app suddenly took away any other super-basic platform-agnostic keystrokes, such as ctrl-o, ctrl-s, ctrl-a, ctrl-c, ctrl-v, or ctrl-x.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder Community Leader Sep 01, 2022

@elsevier_instance_0042 This usually has more to do with the browser than it does the application. It is working for me.  Is this happening in multiple browsers?  Have you recently added a browser plugin?

Thanks for the tip. Maybe it is Chrome causing it somehow. (I use only Chrome for Confluence.) When viewing the page normally (i.e., not the editor but rather the HTML page itself), the keystrokes work fine.

Brant Schroeder Community Leader Sep 01, 2022

I just tested in Chrome in edit mode and it worked for me.  Maybe you just need to clear your cache and see if that fixes it.  

Like elsevier_instance_0042 likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events