Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of reports from different pages in Confluence.

Elena Demkiv December 7, 2017
Hi.
I need to create report from different pages in Confidence like a Pivottable in Excel

2 answers

1 vote
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2017

There is a Pivot Table macro in Table Filter and Charts add-on.

Elena Demkiv December 10, 2017

can this plugin collect information from different pages of the same space?

Michael December 10, 2017

honestly i dont know. so here is my guessing:

the plugin only sorts data, which is already given by the user. so, if you are able to generate the data you need OUTSIDE the macro (labels, pageproperties reports, etc) then i think this data can be insert into the pivot macro.

but this is just guessing, you have to try it yourself with a demo version or something like that

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2017

Yes, you can put any macro inside Pivot Table: Page Include, Excerpt Include, Page Properties Report and so on. But PPR macro can collect only one from each table of given pages, so I guess this is not what you need.

Elena Demkiv December 11, 2017

Andrey, can you help me, wich plugin will help me solve my problem?

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2017

I'm not sure I understand your requirements correctly, but if you need to build a pivot table based on number of tables from different pages, then you need:

1. Pivot Table macro. This macro is a part of Table Filter and Charts add-on.
  2. Then you have to put all tables for aggregation inside Pivot Table macro. You can do it via two ways:
    1. Using Page Include macro. This is native Confluence macro. This macro includes all contents of the selected page. You'll have to include as many Page Include macros as many pages store your tables.
    2. Using pairs of Excerpt and Excerpt Include. These are native Confluence macros too. They work similar to Page Include macro, but include only the specified part of a page. In this case you have too wrap all your tables with Excerpt macro and put a number of Excerpt Include macros for each page inside Pivot Table macro.
  3. Then you can play with Pivot Table macro to find settings you need. This macro works similar to Excel pivot tables.
Elena Demkiv December 11, 2017

Thank you 

0 votes
Michael December 7, 2017

more details needed

Elena Demkiv December 10, 2017

Can I use plugin to collect information into the Pivot Table from one space, but from the different pages?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events