Creating visual timeline in Confluence without Roadmap Planner Macro

AJ_Tabang January 4, 2019

I'm looking to display a visual timeline in Confluence without having to use the roadmap planner macro (since our current installation is locked down and does not have this available.) Any suggestions on how to do this easily? Some initial thoughts were to use HTML/CSS, but would like the bars to be easily editable.

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2019

Hello AJ and welcome to the Community!

Being able to create a visual representation of what is expected or planned out does help when dealing with large picture ideas and tasks. Ideally, you would want to use the roadmap planner as it is part of the product and supported, but as you stated this is not available to you.

While you most certainly may create your own planner using HTML and CSS to make something comparable, there may be a better options within the Atlassian Marketplace (if it is available to you). You may find a preset search for roadmaps at the Atlassian Marketplace. Using HTML with CSS stylesheets would give you a similar experience, but it may not be able to write back to Confluence to save what you’ve created. Along with this, custom HTML and CSS is not officially supported, leaving you with best effort support in the event you ran into an issue.

I hope this helps with some direction on how to proceed.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

AJ_Tabang January 9, 2019

Thanks for the response Stephen.  Yes unfortunately neither the roadmap planner or items in the Atlassian Marketplace are options for me. Looks like I'll have to wing it with HTML or play with Excel for now.

Ansar Thennaden September 29, 2022

i created a visual timeline just using Table, formatting and css. It worked for me as a static report that i need to show for client during status review.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events