Creating user on Internal Directory

MISM December 8, 2011

I am trying to setup a user on the Internal Directory for permission testing. I have 3 directories configured, 2 Microsoft Active Directory and 1 Confluence Internal Directory. The internal directory is the third priority as we use the AD integration for login.

When I attempted to create a user it set the directory as our first DC. If I move the Internal Directory to the primary position in the User Directories page, I believe that will allow me to create the local account in the Internal directory, but will this have any affect on our AD integration? Currently to setup AD users we have them log in and their Confluence account is automatically created.

Thanks,

Glenn

1 answer

0 votes
Tino Winkler [Communardo] December 13, 2011

If I understand your question correctly, than you want to know if you can

1. have your Internal Directory configured as the first directory in the "User Directories" configuration and

2. still have users to be able to login (for the first time), which have accounts in one of the Microsoft Active Directories

If that's the case, than it should work as described. On login all the configured directories are searched in the given order. If the user logging in is found in one of the given directories than this account is used in Confluence. Additionally you can still manually create users in the Internal Directory by creating them at the Confluence administration.

Be aware that the lookup of the user account is based on the username. So with the described configuration, if you create a user with the same name as a user already existing in one of the Active Directories, this newly created user will "win" over the previously existing one (e.g. the account will get the email address and the password of the new user).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events