Creating pages automatically

Hi,

i want Confluence to check a directory with powerpoint-presentations once a week (or once a month..).  For every new presentation a new site should be created and the presentation has to be updated automatically then.

How can i do that? Is this very complicated?

The only thing I know is that I have to write code.

2 answers

1 vote

This doesn't add a lot to the question since you last asked it.

You still need to explain what a "site" is. 

The code you need to write will need to be either an add-on (or script if you have Script Runner) for Confluence that can run on a schedule, go out to where you are putting the files and pull them in, OR an external program that reads the location and uses REST to poke the data in.

Make that decision first, if it's going to be done by Confluence or by an external process, then we can point you at the basic stuff you need.

So, what do i have to do?

To be honest, I don't know anything. I have no clue where to start.

You need to decide how you are going to do this.  Is it going to be done by Confluence or by an external process?

Let's say by Confluence

Ok, start at https://developer.atlassian.com/confdev/confluence-plugin-guide/writing-confluence-plugins as you'll need to write an add-on for Confluence.

You might find it quicker and easier to use the Script Runner add-on though, it allows you to write code directly in the application without having to write all the structural stuff that an add-on requires, and it has a scheduler built in, so you can use that to do the regular pull.

Whichever way you do it, your code will need to read data from somewhere (the list of stuff to import and the content), work out how to structure it in Confluence and then create what you want.

Okay, thank you.

Do you also have any links or hints on how to do it with REST?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Asked Thursday in Confluence

What are the resources that you use to learn more about Atlassian Products?

I am gathering information about resources available for Atlassian product knowledge transferring for a presentation in our local Atlassian User Group. I want to group them in four categories From ...

160 views 5 7
View question

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you