Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a 'next review' date to turn into a RAG status

Stacey Ropiha May 31, 2022

Hi there, I have created a page in Confluence, added a 'Page Properties Report macro' and inserted a /date option to create a future date for review. 

ReviewDate.PNG

This table is then reported onto a parent 'report' page that lists all my pages with their dates, owners, titles, status, last review etc. 

I wish for the 'new review' date to flag up red if the date passes.  This would allow me to see on the parent report page, quickly, at a glance the passed dates where no review took place.  Is this possible?

Please note: I already have a 'status' row but this is manual input, so I do not think this is the answer.

Status.PNG

I am not a programmer so would not understand any code.  If my idea is not possible, would Jira have to be the option? (which I do use, therefore, would be able to add this in, but am hoping Confluence has an alternative simple answer too).  

Thank you

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2022

Hi @Stacey Ropiha ,

We can also suggest trying our app - Table Filter and Charts for Confluence.

You'll be able to wrap your Page Properties Report into our Table Toolbox macro and create a sequence Page Properties Report <- Table Transformer <- Table Filter.

With the help of the Table Transformer macro you'll be able to set statuses using conditions (compare your dates with "today", for example).

And with the help of the Table Filter macro you'll be able to filter your new statuses and show dates that overpassed "today" or are due soon.

Maybe this also can help.

Stacey Ropiha June 1, 2022

Good morning Katerina, thank you for responding to my question and I will definitely like to take a look at your answer, it sounds like it would be a good option.

Thank you and have a good day, regards Stacey.

2 votes
Answer accepted
Stefan Kleineikenscheidt _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2022

Hi Stacy,

As a workaround without coding: you could enter a task with add a date, like this:

Untitled.jpg

If the date is in the past, if will be displayed in red.

Hope that helps,
-Stefan

Stacey Ropiha May 31, 2022

Stefan, thank you soooo much, that works!! So simple :) appreciate your reply, again thank you

Stefan Kleineikenscheidt _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2022

You're welcome, @Stacey Ropiha.

While we're at it: If you are getting into Page Properties, make sure you also have a look at our app Orderly Databases, which is Page Properties on steroids: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Announcing-Orderly-Replace-Confluence-Page-Properties-with/ba-p/1915196

...or watch the new video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rTJUkPhmWc

That said, it does have date fields, but doesn't support your use case yet. (But will do so soon, and will also be able to send notification emails)

Like Stacey Ropiha likes this
Stacey Ropiha June 1, 2022

Excellent, thank you Stefan. I can show this to a few colleagues, it may be of interest to others as well.  Thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events