Creating a form in Confluence

Norman Ortmann June 29, 2017

Hi guys,

we want to create a form in Confluence which can be added as template and allows the teams to add their data in a uniform way.

We would like to add radio buttons or maybe even drop downs. Does anyone has experiance in designing forms with this requirements?

We already tried to do it via Word but Confluence was not able to translate the the form.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers Norman

2 answers

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2017

Another add-on to consider would be Confiforms. It also allows you to create forms in Confluence that can do a multitude of things such as send emails, create/update/delete pages, create Jira tickets, hit REST api's, store data in a structured format, etc. It's a super powerful and hugely configurable add-on. I have no affliatiobn with them ... I just love their add-on.

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2017

Hi Norman,

unfortunately, Confluence has no form functionality. You can create templates, but I don't think, that they suit your needs.

We use the "Scaffolding Forms & Templates"-Plugin for that. It works well, but is not for free.

With that plugin, you create a page with template macros (also drop downs). Your users do not edit the template, but enter the values into that form. The result is a page based on your template and the data of your users.

Norman Ortmann July 3, 2017

Hi Thomas, thank you for your answer i will dig depper into that.

Cheers Norman

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events