Creating a Macro for Dynamic Mailto with Subject

Simon Marchant March 20, 2018

Hi All,

New to the community, but looking for some advice if possible?

I'm looking to create a macro in Jira, essentially with the text "Send Email", my variables would be a text field called EmailAdd with an email address, then the Key and Summary added to the subject bar

A worked example is below:

Key = "KEY-1"

Summary = "Server Disk Failure"

EmailAdd = "test@test.com"

When clicking the hyperlink Send Email on the above Jira issue, this should result in an email to EmailAdd, with the subject "KEY-1 : Server Disk Failure"

I believe I would need it to be an href something similar to the below:

"<a href="mailto:$space.EmailAdd()?subject=$space.Key()%":"%$space.Summary()">"Send Email"</a>"

Any advice as to where I may be going wrong would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Simon Neuville July 10, 2020

Hi @Simon Marchant !

I realize you asked this quite some time ago, but I'm at a loss and did not find any other documentation on how to achieve this. Did you manage to get your solution working somehow?

Many thanks!

Simon

Simon Marchant February 24, 2021

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your email. I tried, but this was really a half measure to not go fully automated with email ticketing etc. In the end I had to abandon the above and went with using JSD email automation initially, which was shortly after, replaced by JETI email intergration. So long and short, no; but it petered out to not being required in the end.

Seems like a very long game in terms of responding on both of us at this point, but its appreciated. 

All the best.

Simon 

Suggest an answer