Creating Staging Environment and Collaborative editing doesn't start

Matthew December 5, 2020

Hi

I followed the confluence guide to build staging environment by copying the confluence install and confluence-home folders and updating the config and reverse proxy.

I am using Windows 2016 Server and IIS as Reverse Proxy

Everything seems to be working except for Collaborative editing as when I go into Collaborative editing in admin I am unable to turn it on

This is the errors from the atlassian-confluence log

Anyone able to advise what the error is and how I can go about resolving the issue

Thanks

Matthew

2020-12-05 19:56:56,557 INFO [Long running task: EnableTask] [plugins.synchrony.bootstrap.DefaultSynchronyProcessManager] startup Starting Synchrony and enabling Collaborative Editing
2020-12-05 19:56:56,579 INFO [Long running task: EnableTask] [plugins.synchrony.tasks.AbstractConfigLongRunningTask] execute Removed 0 stale shared drafts.
2020-12-05 19:56:56,611 INFO [synchrony-interop-executor:thread-2] [plugins.synchrony.bootstrap.DefaultSynchronyProcessManager] isSynchronyProxyEnabled System property synchrony.proxy.enabled: true
2020-12-05 19:56:56,611 ERROR [Long running task: EnableTask] [confluence.util.longrunning.ConfluenceAbstractLongRunningTask] run Long running task "EnableTask" failed to run.
-- url: /rest/synchrony-interop/enable | referer: https://confluencestaging.domain1.com.au/admin/confluence-collaborative-editor-plugin/configure.action | traceId: 57657abeacd317bc | userName: mhawkins
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sun.jna.platform.win32.WinNT$OSVERSIONINFOEX
at oshi.software.os.windows.WindowsOSVersionInfoEx.<init>(WindowsOSVersionInfoEx.java:47)
at oshi.software.os.windows.WindowsOperatingSystem.<init>(WindowsOperatingSystem.java:54)
at oshi.SystemInfo.getOperatingSystem(SystemInfo.java:92)
at com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.synchrony.bootstrap.DefaultSynchronyProcessManager.getConfluenceProcessId(DefaultSynchronyProcessManager.java:688)
at com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.synchrony.bootstrap.DefaultSynchronyProcessManager.setupEnvironment(DefaultSynchronyProcessManager.java:389)
at com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.synchrony.bootstrap.DefaultSynchronyProcessManager.trySetup(DefaultSynchronyProcessManager.java:696)
at com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.synchrony.bootstrap.DefaultSynchronyProcessManager.lambda$startProcess$1(DefaultSynchronyProcessManager.java:590)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2020

Hi Matthew,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

No final answer but I found at least this error message involved in a bug which is closed meanwhile:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-58784

Could you please double check if it is okay with versions mentioned in this bug?
Especially it looks there was a version problem with "Java AdoptOpenJDK" in version 1.8.0_222-10 - but the details are in the bug.

Apart from that there are some older contributions here in Community as to Synchrony.

From just the log I cannot say anything more than that - but a last thought: when you say it is just for staging environment it suggest there must be a production environment around.
In case this is configured identically please compare settings and installation where a difference might be (if not done already).

Cheers,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events