Creating Application links between applications protected by Custom SSO.

ohmkaar kambhampati
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2013

Hi ... I have Confluence under a custom SSO and JIRA under a custom SSO.

However, Im not able to create an Application link between the two. How should I procedd to create an application link in this kind of scenario??

2 answers

0 votes
Sally Smith June 27, 2013

Hi Ohmkaar,

I am also running into similar issue, did you figure out any solution?

Thanks,

Shreya

0 votes
Giuliano C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2013

Hi Ohmkaar,

We will be glad if you could send us more details regarding the error that you're experiencing. Until, it, pelase, take a look at the steps on the article about Single Sign-on With JIRA and Confluence.

On the application link settings, you need to configure it to proceed by choosing the authenticator for application link and another settings, refer to Configuring Authentication for an Application Link.

You can set up the SSO between Confluence and Jira with Crowd, if you prefer too, you can use the option for this kind of management. With Crowd you can integrate multiple web applications and user directories, with support for single SSO and centralised identity management. You can gather a better picture of the process with the procedures of the following article:

Connecting to Crowd or JIRA for User Management

Hope it helps you, Ohmkaar!

Regards,

Giuliano

ohmkaar kambhampati
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2013

Thanks Guliano,

Im not flexible in terms of choice of SSO, hence cant swithc to cloud.

Im able to setup jira and confluence successfully with sso(worte a custom authenticator to use Oracle Single Sign On). Im also able to configure Application link between these 2 apps in the absense of SSO.

When there's SSO on :

When I try to create application link, Incoming Authentication tab throws following exception when I try to enable.

Unable to retrieve the application's certificate: com.atlassian.security.auth.trustedapps.ListApplicationRetriever$1: "Application Certificate too small." Values found: [1] .[<html><body onLoad="document.myForm.submit()"><noscript><p>JavaScript is required. Enable JavaScript to use OAM Server.</p></noscript><form action="http://myserver.com:14100/mysso/signon.jsp" method="post" name="myForm......................................><input type="hidden" name="locale" value="en_US"></form></body></html>]

Im quite sure that this is my SSO Page html I can see here. and Jira is not able to access confluence's certificate because my SSO page is in its way. Is there a way in which I can surpass this sso page?? or any way in which I can add truested certificate manually??
or any other way in which I can authenticate my sso in this scenario.?? or any specific URL that I should not let in as SSO protected??
Looking for a proper methodology in this case...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events