Create space default home page 404/page not found

Tony Stevenson July 12, 2012

Hi,

We run Confluence 3.4.9 (I know, we should, but...) when we create a new space the default home page the process takes you too is /SPACE/Home - However, this results in a 404 as it doesn't exist. What does exist however is /SPACE/Index

I cannot find a way for either 'Home' to be created, or for 'Index' to become the default page for a new space. Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

4 answers

0 votes
Jeff Galbraith July 31, 2012

Isn't there anyone that can answer this? The team is getting quite restless not being able to create spaces. Of course, flushing the cache did not help.

0 votes
Jeff Galbraith July 16, 2012

I just upgraded to 4.2.8 and I am seeing the same thing.

Here is the log extract:

2012-07-17 08:58:58,775 INFO [main] [com.atlassian.confluence.lifecycle] init Confluence is ready to serve
2012-07-17 09:00:25,926 ERROR [http-8090-3] [atlassian.confluence.servlet.ConfluenceServletDispatcher] serviceAction There is no Action mapped for namespace /confluence/spaces and action name createspace
-- referer: http://navtech-server:8090/spaces/createspace-start.action | url: /confluence/spaces/createspace.action | userName: galbraj1

0 votes
CharlesH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2012

Does the log file reveal any useful info (warnings/errors) for this behaviour?

0 votes
Tim Eddelbüttel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 12, 2012

I got this problem too. The space was not viewable in the spacelist.

- Flush the cache (via Administration)
- Create the space again

That helps for us.

We're using Confluence 3.5

Tony Stevenson July 12, 2012

ENOWORK. Sadly. But thanks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events