It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Create space Template

Robin Vessey Mar 24, 2013

I can add space template for individual pages and I can add global templates for a page.

Currently you can have personal space and normal spaces.

What I want to do is pick a "type of space" when I say "Create Space".

The reason being I want a specific "New Project" space which has a seperate config.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joe Wai Tye Atlassian Team Mar 24, 2013

Hi Robin,

Currently, it's not possible to have space templates. However, I found this feature request that talks about this : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-4538

For now, I would recommend that you do the following on the feature request ticket :

* Vote, so that it will receive more attention

* Watch it, so that you will receive any and all updates

* Comment, and give your opinion on the matter

Please note that the implementation of new features and improvement requests falls under Atlassian's Implementation of New Features Policy.

Cheers,

Joe

0 votes

Hi Robin,

With our Add-On Space Tree Creator you can do exactly, what you looking for. We created this Add-on based on our needs and that's creating "New Project" spaces. And the best is: Your users have only to press a button, filling out a form and the space is created and ready to start working on the project.

Marketplace link: Space Tree Creator

Regards,
Stephan

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

6 Awesome Ways to Apply Trello, JIRA and Confluence to your Project

I attended  Atlassian Summit 2019  and learned a lot from the presenters, attendees and knowledgeable Atlassian product managers. The presentations I attended focused on applying Agile, pla...

1,962 views 10 26
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you