Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create an area for internal, non-Jira team members

matthew_hulland April 30, 2021

Hi, I have tried searching for an answer to this but am getting a little confused, so thought I'd post.

I would like to create an internal knowledge base for our company. It should not be accessible to the public, but I need our internal team to access it. Many of these people will not have a paid Jira or Confluence subscription, as it is not necessary for their daily jobs.

Is this possible, to have a sign in process to access but not rely on having a paid Jira/Confluence seat?

Many thanks, Matt

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 30, 2021

@matthew_hulland Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

If you would like to have an area for your internal team to access and require authentication to do so they will need a Confluence license.  

matthew_hulland May 4, 2021

Thanks

0 votes
Roberto Miasack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2021

Hello how are you? @matthew_hulland 

To have access to an area at the confluence, you can also configure for licensed JSM people to have access.

Another way is to leave the public space, but only pass this link from the instance to people on your team. This is not recommended, but it can help you.

And there are also third-party plugins that help in sharing pages for unlicensed people, which can serve you too!

Hope this helps.

matthew_hulland May 4, 2021

Thanks for the answer. It's a shame, but I guess I understand the goal is to have as many people signed up as possible.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events